Sending more email means you make more money – surely?
The old school of thought was that you lose revenue every day you don’t send an email.
Nowadays, there’s a much better way of managing your list that doesn’t put your subscribers off and also keeps your engagement and clickthough rates steadily high…
Discover 5 reasons why you should segment your list below:
1. Learn why marketers must segment their lists before sending email to have a successful email marketing program. via Why List Segmentation Matters in Email Marketing – HubSpot
2. By targeting specific groups aka segmenting your email lists, you can greatly improve the effectiveness of your email marketing campaigns. via The Advantages of Segmenting Your Email Lists
3. Comm100 Email Marketing tells you the way of list segmentation that can help you focus on smaller, more targeted customer segments via What is list segmentation and how can … – Email Marketing
4. Email list segmentation can dramatically improve email campaign results. Here are 5 tips on how an email segmentation strategy can significantly improve conversion rates. via Email List Segmentation: Tips to Increase Conversion Rates
5. How Will List Segmentation Help Me? List segmentation works because it provides an individualized experience via a mass medium. Email is unique because unlike other … via How to Segment Email Lists for More Opens, Click-Throughs …
It’s common knowledge that segmenting your email-marketing lists helps you get better open and click rates. By narrowing your focus and sending messages to targeted … via Effects of List Segmentation on Email Marketing Stats …
When Mailchimp measured stats “across all segmented campaigns,” segmented campaigns performed markedly better than their non-segmented counterparts.
|Opens:||14.37% higher than non-segmented campaigns
|Unique Opens:||10.22% higher than non-segmented campaigns
|Clicks:||64.78% higher than non-segmented campaigns
|Bounces:||0.90% lower than non-segmented campaigns
|Abuse Reports:||5.74% lower than non-segmented campaigns
|Unsubs:||8.98% lower than non-segmented campaigns
Keep Things Current
If you don’t intend on emailing your list every day or every couple days, the best way to handle this is to setup up an autoresponder series that does it for you. Active Campaign is the autoresponder we use and recommend to our clients and Scriptly is what we use to help put our autoresponder campaigns together. Both of these work beautifully together.
Don’t let people forget who you are, use the power of software to automate your marketing.
Its funny because forgetting I was on someone’s list happened to me the other day. I received an email from a name I didn’t recognise and I was like, who is this guy? I’ve never heard of him. I dug through past emails and finally realised who he was, I just couldn’t remember how I ended up on his list!
Don’t let this happen to you..
Now it’s your turn
Do you have a segmentation strategy that has worked for you? Please let me know in the comment box below.